There are mainly two types of diapers available in the market, disposable diapers and reusable diapers also known as cloth diapers. Cloth diapers are eco-friendly, saves a lot of money, and this is why parents are leaning towards it more. Once you have decided you are going to use cloth diapers for your baby, the worry does not end there. One of the most important question that pops in your mind is, “what is the best solution for cloth diaper storage?” How are you going to store your baby’s diapers without ruining them? Don’t feel worried because a lot of moms struggle with the same concern as well. This is why in today’s article we will talk about cloth diaper storage and how to store cloth diapers without ruining them.
Diaper pails are used to store soiled diapers. Wet, wet/dry bags are used to store soiled and dry diapers when you are out of your home. There are various ways to store your baby’s cloth diapers. Organizer bags, shelves, drawers, etc. are the most popular accessories that helps you to keep your baby’s cloth diapers organized and sorted.
Table of Contents
- 1 Things to consider while choosing a cloth diaper storage:
- 2 1. Maidmax 7 tow collapsible hanging organizer:
- 3 2. Univivi hanging organizer:
- 4 3. Munchkin nursery essential shelf organizer:
- 5 4. Maidmax 6 shelf hanging closet organizer:
- 6 5. GOLOHO nursery organizer:
- 184.108.40.206 Electric Baby Swing,Comfort Rocking Chair with Intelligent Music Vibration Box,Soothing Portable Swing Load Resistance: 55lb, Applicable Object: 0-12 Months for Infants.
- 220.127.116.11 HoMedics White Noise Sound Machine | Portable Sleep Therapy for Home, Office, Baby & Travel | 6 Relaxing & Soothing Nature Sounds, Battery or Adapter Charging Options, Auto-Off Timer | Sound Spa Blue
- 18.104.22.168 Nanobebe Baby Pacifiers 0-3 Month - Orthodontic, Curves Comfortably with Face Contour, Award Winning for Breastfeeding Babies, 100% Silicone - BPA Free. Perfect Baby Registry Gift 2pk,Grey
- 22.214.171.124 Muslin Burp Cloths 6 Pack Large 100% Cotton Hand Washcloths 6 Layers Extra Absorbent and Soft (Blue, Pack of 6)
- 126.96.36.199 Luvable Friends Unisex Baby Plush Blanket with Sherpa Back, Citrus, One Size
- 188.8.131.52 Diapers Newborn/Size 1 (8-14 lb), 164 Count - Pampers Swaddlers Disposable Baby Diapers, Enormous Pack (Packaging May Vary)
- 184.108.40.206 Burt's Bees Baby Unisex-Baby Beekeeper Wearable Blanket, 100% Organic Cotton, Swaddle Transition Sleeping Bag
- 220.127.116.11 Love To Dream Swaddle UP, Blue, Medium, 13-19 lbs., Dramatically Better Sleep, Allow Baby to Sleep in Their Preferred arms up Position for self-Soothing, snug fit Calms Startle Reflex
- 18.104.22.168 Philips Avent Anti-Colic Baby Bottle with AirFree Vent, 4oz, 1Pk, Clear, SCY701/91
- 22.214.171.124 PediaSure Grow & Gain with 2’-FL HMO Prebiotic, Kids Nutrition Shake, Vitamins C, E, B1, B2, Non-GMO, Vanilla, Bottle, 8 Fl Oz, 24 Count
- 126.96.36.199 GE Plastic Outlet Covers, 8 Pack, Shock Prevention, Child Safe, Easy Install, UL Listed, Clear, 50271
- 188.8.131.52 Amazon Brand - Mama Bear Gentle Touch Diapers, Hypoallergenic, Size 1, 49 Count
- 184.108.40.206 Diapers Newborn/Size 0 (
- 220.127.116.11 mushie Silicone Baby Bib | Adjustable Fit Waterproof Bibs (Blush)
- 18.104.22.168 Love To Dream Swaddle UP, Blue, Medium, 13-19 lbs., Dramatically Better Sleep, Allow Baby to Sleep in Their Preferred arms up Position for self-Soothing, snug fit Calms Startle Reflex
- 22.214.171.124 Baby Sleep Sack with Feet,Baby Wearable Blanket Light Weighted Sleep Sack Baby 6M-5T,Sleeveless Sleep Sacks 2T-3T Large
- 126.96.36.199 Summer My Size Potty with Transition Ring & Storage, Grey – Realistic Potty Training Toilet – Features Interactive Toilet Handle, Removable Potty Topper and Pot, Wipe Compartment, and Splash Guard
- 188.8.131.52 Philips Avent Anti-Colic Baby Bottle with AirFree Vent Newborn Gift Set with Snuggle, Blue, SCD307/03
- 184.108.40.206 Philips Avent Natural Baby Bottle Newborn Flow Nipple, 0M+, 4pack, Flow 1, SCF651/43
- 220.127.116.11 Philips AVENT Soothie Snuggle Holder with Detachable Pacifier, Elephant, 0m+
- 18.104.22.168 Organic Nipple Butter Breastfeeding Cream by Earth Mama | Lanolin-free, Safe for Nursing & Dry Skin, Non-GMO Project Verified, 2-Fluid Ounce (Packaging May Vary)
- 22.214.171.124 Nighttime Baby Diapers Size 3, 66 Ct, Huggies Overnites
- 126.96.36.199 Bedsure Sherpa Fleece Throw Blanket for Couch - Light Grey Thick Fuzzy Warm Soft Blankets and Throws for Sofa, 50x60 Inches
- 188.8.131.52 Baby Wipes, Pampers Sensitive Water Based Baby Diaper Wipes, Hypoallergenic and Unscented, 6 Pop-Top Packs, 336 Total Wipes (Packaging May Vary)
- 184.108.40.206 Diapers Newborn/Size 1 (8-14 lb), 252 Count - Luvs Ultra Leakguards Disposable Baby Diapers, ONE MONTH SUPPLY
- 220.127.116.11 Baby Wipes, 576 Count (1 Box)
- 18.104.22.168 Diapers Size 1 (8-14 lbs) Newborn, 198 Count - Pampers Swaddlers Disposable Baby Diapers, ONE MONTH SUPPLY (Packaging May Vary)
- 22.214.171.124 INDRESSME XXXLarge Cotton Rope Basket Woven Baby Laundry Basket Blanket Basket Toy Basket with Handle Comforter Cushions Storage Bin Thread Laundry Hamper - 21.7" x 21.7" x 13.8"
- 126.96.36.199 Philips AVENT Natural Baby Bottle, Clear, 9 Oz
- 188.8.131.52 Baby Wipes, WaterWipes Sensitive Baby Diaper Wipes, 99.9% Water, Unscented & Hypoallergenic, for Newborn Skin, 4 Packs (240 Count)
Things to consider while choosing a cloth diaper storage:
A cloth diaper storage is an absolute essential when it comes to cloth diapering. But buying the first organizer that comes in front of your eyes is not the right option. Here are a few things you should remember while choosing a cloth diaper organizer for your baby:
- Space: Before you invest in an organizer, it is important that you understand and analyze the space in your home. Keeping the organizer in your baby’s room is the most perfect option as it will be right in front of your eyes and you do not need to run to another room to get a fresh cloth diaper every time. If it is a caddy organizer, keeping it under the baby’s crib will also allow you to save space.
- Baby safe: You certainly do not want to hurt your baby by keeping something dangerous around him. This is why it is important to keep the organizer as far as possible from your baby’s reach. If it is a drawer organizer or shelf, keep it as far as possible from your baby’s crib and reach.
- Usage: Buying multiple organizers that sits all around the house is not a preferable option to anyone. I am sure you do not want to do this either. This is why while you are buying an organizer, make sure it is big enough and has multiple usages. You can use it to store your baby’s cloth diapers, baby accessories like pacifiers, diaper cream, rattler toys, etc. investing in one shelf is better than buying multiple and get confused between where did you store the cloth diapers, right?
On the list mentioned below, I have handpicked a few storage options to keep your baby’s diaper stored properly.
1. Maidmax 7 tow collapsible hanging organizer:
This hanging organizer is made of non woven fabric. It has 10 different compartments along with 7 shelving units. It has a hook and loop strap on top which allows it to sit and fit tightly wherever you hang it. If you are looking for a hanging organizer, this is a great choice. You can hang it on your door. It is also foldable so it will also save you a lot of space if you are planning to stop using it for a while.
To know more about this product, click here
2. Univivi hanging organizer:
This is another hanging organizer that comes with 4 large pockets and 3 PVC pockets. It is made with non-woven fabrics, and it is waterproof. It is designed with 2 L shaped hooks to grip on to your door in a tight and sturdy grip. 3 pockets are made with see-through mesh so you will be able to see what you are storing inside and you do not need to try to memorize where you stored your baby’s cloth diapers.
To get your hands on it, click here
3. Munchkin nursery essential shelf organizer:
If you are not into hanging shelf organizers, this is the right product for you. This nursery organizer is a shelf/drawer organizer that you can keep in a corner in the room of your baby. It has multiple storage compartments along with inserts that are suitable for storing your baby’s cloth diapers, baby accessories like diaper cream, inserts, pacifiers etc. It comes in a beautiful white color so it will not clash with your interior either. What a great deal, right?
To get it, click here
4. Maidmax 6 shelf hanging closet organizer:
I have already mentioned an organizer from this brand already in the beginning. But if you are looking for a smaller organizer, then this is the one for you. This organizer offers 6 shelves, 3 drawers and 3 open shelves. The drawers can be used to store your baby’s cloth diapers while the open shelves can be useful with storing baby accessories. The open shelves will help you not go through the entire shelf just to look for your baby’s pacifier. It is foldable, made of non woven fabric and comes in a very beautiful warm coffee color. It comes with 2 extra wide hooks and will grip on your door very tight.
Get it by clicking here
5. GOLOHO nursery organizer:
If all the previously mentioned organizers are too small for you, this one is made just for you. This nursery organizer is an all in one organizer set. It can be used to store your baby’s diapers, accessories, toys and even for your own usage as well. this set offers 1 Six-shelf hanging organizer, large printed bins with lids, small printed bins, slim finger clip, baby closet dividers and baby velvet hangers.
To grab this all in one organizer, click here
- How do you store cloth diapers?
Ans:There are many ways to store cloth diapers. You can store it in caddies, in nursery organizers, in hanging organizers or even in drawer shelves. Some of the best organizers to store cloth diapers are:
- Maidmax 7 tow collapsible hanging organizer
- Munchkin nursery essential shelf organizer
- GOLOHO nursery organizer
- How do you store cloth diapers between washes?
Ans:Storing cloth diapers between washes is a hard task. These are soiled diapers, which means you will be needing something that will contain the smell and will not trap the air enough to grow bacteria on the diapers either. This is why you should buy something that is built just for this. I’m talking about hanging wet bags or diaper pails. These are designed just to store your soiled diapers without ruining them.
- How much money do you save using cloth diapers?
Ans:Often times people say that cloth diapering saves you money. but the question arises that how much money do you actually save by switching from disposable diapers to cloth diapers? A study shows that you can save up to $1200 annually by just switching to cloth diapers.
- How many cloth diapers do you really need?
Ans: Each baby needs different type of care. The amount of cloth diapers needed depends on the absorbency of the diaper and its insert, the size of the diaper and the age of the baby. You should keep at least 36 cloth diapers for your new born, 24 or more for an infant and at least 20 for a toddler. Buying extra is not a bad idea as you never know how many you need. However, do not buy in bulks as babies grow quite fast and buying a ton will only go to waste.